Background and General Description of the school
Theresian Academy at Boriyakhurd, Old Dhamtari Road, Raipur is a Christian English Medium School, Minority Co- Education managed by the sisters of Mercy of the Holy Cross, Mid India province. Theresian Academy is the unit of Registered Society Paawan Cruz Sisters Association. It is engaged in Excellent Education for the realization of full potential of the youth and other charitable humanitarian and developmental works.
Sisters of Mercy of the Holy Cross reached in India 1894, following the motto of the congregation: "The need of the time is the will of God." Holy Cross sisters are engaged in various activities like, Education, Healthcare, care of the destitute, orphans and elderly, physically and mentally challenged children, social work, Development programs, in different parts of our country.
|Pre Primary||–||8:15 AM to 12:45 PM|
|Primary||–||8:15 AM to 2:00 PM|
|Saturday||–||8:15 AM to 12:00 NOON (I – VII, every year upgrading)|
|(Saturday will be a holiday for Pre-Primary) Remedial classes for the slow learners. (Second Saturday P.T.M. for Pre Primary)|
|Timing for the parents to meet the teachers|
|Timing: 1.45 p.m. to 2.30 p.m.|
|Timing for the parents to meet the Headmistress|
|Timing: 9.30a.m to 10.30 a.m.|
The school fees, for the whole session are payable in three installments in the following months.
1st Installment- At the time of Admission (April –June)
2nd Installment – August (1st -15th)
3rd Installment – December (1st – 15th)
All school fees must be paid by 15th of the specified months, after this date, a late fee of Rs.20/- on the first day of the following month.
Wearing of the school uniform is obligatory. Parents and students should note that those coming to school in incomplete uniform may be sent back home. Each student should be present in the school, in clean and neat uniform. Hence, they must be provided with minimum tow pairs of uniforms.
|1. Red Check Pant & Red Shirt||1. Red Check with Red Frock|
|( Red socks with white strips, Belt with school mono, Black shoes)|
|1. Bottle Green Colour Pant & Green Check Shirt||1. Tunic Bottle Green Colour & Green Check Shirt|
|(Bottle Green colour with white strips socks, Belt with school mono, black shoes) House T-Shirts (Wednesday& Saturday)|
Class 6th onwards
|1. Bottle Green Colour Pant & Green Check Shirt||1. Salwar Bottle Green Colour & Green Check Suit|
|(Socks & shoes same as Primary)|
- At Theresian Academy school games and cultural activities are an integral part of education by which students learn cooperation, team spirit, courage, leadership, and confidence. Participation in the same boost them up to achieve greater things.
- Application for a admission in Theresian Academy is a sufficient indication that parents wish their children to take part in the games and other activities of the school.
- Unless physical disability or illness prevents it, each student is expected to take part in the school activities. Regular or permanent excuses expressing inability to participate will not be accepted.
- School provides facilities and opportunities for athletics, football, cricket, Table Tennis, Badminton, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Hand ball and Hockey.
- School provides every child a chance to appear in public sometime during the year. Whether it be Assembly, Parent's Day, Inter school competitions, and other school celebrations or activities.
- School conducts different competitions like music, debate, quiz, dramatics, one act play, monoact, calligraphy, drawing, painting, elocution, extempore, Fancy dress, essay, dance, G.K. etc. Inter school and inter house competitions are also held.
- Each class has a period a week in the library when students can consult reference books or read newspapers and magazines provided.
- Books must be handled with care and shall not be marked or written upon, torn out, defaced or damaged.
- Students shall be responsible for any loss or damage done to the book lent to them and shall be required to replace or pay the value thereof, for any such loss or damage.
- Perfect silence has to be maintained in the library. Discussions and loitering about is strictly forbidden.
- Each student is expected to read library books during the library period and make brief note of it. Text books and other study materials should not be brought to library.